At Lethbridge School District 51, one of our greatest priorities is ensuring that all our students arrive safely at school each and every day.
To enhance our existing absence check procedure, Nicholas Sheran School has a more efficient student absence reporting system called SchoolConnects SafeArrival. This system will reduce the time it takes to verify student attendance, make it easy for you to report your child’s absence and easy for staff to respond to unexplained student absences.
With SafeArrival, you are asked to report your child’s absence in advance (before 8:30 am bell time) using one of these 3 convenient methods:
- Call the automated interactive telephone system via a toll-free number 1-866-879-1041 to report an absence.
- Log into the website, lethsd51.schoolconnects.com, to access the Parent Portal where an account can be set up to report absences.
- Set up a Parent Portal account then download the SafeArrival app to quickly and conveniently report absences from your mobile device.
- All absence reporting should go through the Parent Portal website, SafeArrival app, or toll-free number. Please DO NOT contact the school directly to report an absence. If you miss the 8:30 am deadline please do not call or email the school, please wait until the SafeArrival system contacts you to excuse the absence or late. Please note: the automated notification system will attempt to contact parents at multiple contact numbers over a 20 minute time frame (5 calls/time frame), so it not necessary to call or email the school if you missed the first call.
- For early departures or same day leave and return absences, please come to the office when picking up or dropping off your child.
- Report half day absences as late arrivals.
- When confirming an absence please make sure to press 2 at the end of the call, otherwise the SafeArrival system will continue to call until student absences are confirmed.
- All absence reporting methods are available 24 hours/day, 7 days a week.
- SafeArrival website allows you to report future absences at any time, update contact phone numbers and email addresses should they change, as well as review messages sent through our SchoolConnects system.
- By reporting your child absent in advance using the SafeArrival toll-free number, Parent Portal website or SafeArrival app, you will NOT receive these calls.
For detailed instructions on how to use the interactive telephone system, Parent Portal & SafeArrival app please click here.